CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The first step is the hardest

Step one to our dream of traveling the world, stop buying stuff! Consumerism is my new enemy, I had to give about 10 pairs of shoes to DI last week just to make some room in the closet. But today I sold Jake's bike, his beloved bike. A bike that he bought 4 years ago and used a total of 3 times! Consumerism at its finest. (You would think working in adverting would keep me from falling prey to it, but nope I buy uneccesary stuff as much as the next person.)

Traveling the world obviously does not lend itself to having a lot of stuff. So pondering this fact I have realized I don't want STUFF, I want experiences and memories. Just thinking about traveling the world makes me happy so thinking about preparing to travel the world makes me happy too. And if that includes selling everything I own and living out of a back pack, cool! If it includes awesome countries I've never seen and exciting adventure sign me up.

No comments: